Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Weight Watcher: Kirstie Alley



Did anybody watch Kirstie Alley on Oprah when she debuted her new body? I remember thinking, "she's not thin enough to be strutting her stuff." But, I did give her credit for doing something about her weight gain and then losing it. Now, it looks like she's gained it all back. I have lots of friends on this particular diet (can't tell which one), and they have all lost 20 or so pounds. While I applaud them for losing the weight, my question is what will happen once you get off the diet? I've been doing some research on different diets recently and the number one thing that most researchers say is, "Don't go on a diet." Once you are on it, you are consumed by food even if you weren't before. Most people (like 90%) gain their weight back and then some. My advice? Eat sensibly without restricting any food groups (like carbs, sugars, sweets) because it will only make you think of it more. What has been your experience?

No comments: