I am an avid runner. In fact, the first race I entered was a marathon. I don't know why I never did it before, but after the marathon, I've continued to run my "long" runs. I live overseas now, so I can't enter any more marathons. I guess I could enter run marathons overseas, but it's just not the same. I've also noticed that running has become a trend in the last decade or so not just with us regular people, but also a lot of celebrities. Since I enjoy running so much, I am going to post all the celebrities that like to run. Just for fun, here is the list of 26 famous people that have run marathons:
1) Meredith Baxter, New York City Marathon, 4:08:30. She was the mom on Family Ties.
2) William Baldwin, New York City Marathon, 3:24:29. Famous brother Alec.
3) Anthony Edwards, Chicago Marathon, 3:55:40. Doctor on ER.
4) David James Elliot, Boston Marathon, 4:57:23. On JAG.
5) Will Ferrell, Boston Marathon, 3:56:12. Funny guy from SNL famous for cheerleading skit.
6) Mario Lopez, Boston Marathon, 5:41:41. Saved by the Bell.
7) Joan Van Ark, Santa Ana 1979, 3:35:00. She was some chick on Knots Landing.
8) Peter Weller, New York City Marathon, 3:51:26. Robocop.
9) Freddie Prinze, Jr., LA Marathon, 5:50:49. Teen pop star, married to Buffy.
10) Danni Boatwright, Nashville Country Music Marathon, 4:23:24. Winner Survivor: Guatemala.
11) Lisa Ling, Boston Marathon, 4:34:18. Formerly on The View.
12) Oprah Winfrey, Marine Corps Marathon, 4:29:20. Richest celebrity/TV personality.
13) P. Diddy (Sean Combs), New York City Marathon, 4:14:54. Musician.
14) David Lee Roth, New York City Marathon, 6:04:43. Former lead singer of Van Halen.
15) Bjorn Ulvaeus, Stockholm Marathon, 3:23:54. Former bandmate of Abba.
16) Lance Armstrong, New York City Marathon, 2:59:36. Famous cyclist.
17) Kerri Strug, Houston Marathon, 4:12:06. Gymnast.
18) Lynn Swann, NYC Marathon, 4:26:21. Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver.
19) George W. Bush, Houston Marathon, 3:44:52. 43rd and current President.
20) Michael Dukakis, Boston Marathon, 3:31:00. Governor of Massachusetts.
21) John Edwards, Marine Corps Marathon, 3:30:18. Former US Senator.
22) Al Gore, Marine Corps Marathon, 4:58:25. Former Vice President.
23) Mikulas Dzurinda, Malokarpatsky, 2:54:57. Prime Minister of Slovakia.
24) Kim Alexis, NYC Marathon, 3:52:00. Model.
25) Ali Landry, Boston Marathon, 5:41:41. Model.
26) Vanessa Carlton, NYC Marathon, 3:56:20. Singer.
That's it. Not a bad list. I ran mine in 3:46:26. I was six minutes over to qualify for the Boston that year. If you are not a runner, any time really is a good time because the completion of a marathon is pretty amazing in itself, but a time under four hours is pretty good. A time that qualifies you for the Boston Marathon is even better.