Friday, July 6, 2007

Mixed Asian Celebrity: Maggie Q












I live overseas in Asia now and was flipping through the TV one day several years ago. I can't remember a lot of the details, but there was this Asian girl in the show who spoke English while every body else spoke Chinese. Her English, of course, piqued my interest because I was just dying for anything that reminded me of home. Then, Mission Impossible III came out and even though Maggie Q had a small role in the blockbuster, she was in the media a lot. I want to say that the English speaking girl was Maggie Q except that she was 30 pounds heavier and five or seven years younger. I didn't recognize her at first at all the MI3 premiere pictures because 30 pounds does change the way one looks. What do you think? Does losing weight actually make you look different? By the way, do you think Maggie Q has succumbed to the Hollywood trend by losing weight and changing her Asian look to more "American?" She's half Vietnamese half caucasian.

No comments: