Saturday, July 14, 2007

Favorite Ugly: America Ferrera


I watched the whole season of 'Ugly Betty' on DVD recently and totally fell in love with the show. When it first came out, I would catch snippets of it here and there, but there were too many other shows that vied for my attention. America Ferrera plays Betty Suarez, an awkward, overweight, fashion-challenged Latino girl working at the number one fashion magazine company. The story line works well and the characters are totally endearing instead of annoying. My favorite is Mark, the gay assistant to Vanessa Williams character, Wilheima Slater. Then, I watched 'The Devil Wears Prada' and it totally reminded me of 'Ugly Betty.' I realize that the show came after the movie, but it is so similar except for the whole Latino thing. What do you all think?

No comments: